Our ‘frequently asked digital marketing questions’ blog series aims to help you understand online marketing services and practices. This time, we explain what digital marketing actually is and does.
What does digital marketing mean?
Digital marketing is a way of promoting your business using digital methods, such as through the internet or email. Using digital marketing techniques means creating and optimising online content for an audience which is using electronic devices.
Using digital marketing to find customers
Do your customers use a smart phone, tablet, or computer to go online, use social media or email? If so, digital marketing will help put your product or business in front of the right audience.
Your customers are most likely already online, but finding them is just the beginning. Devising a digital marketing campaign is a process of identifying who is interested in your products and services.
Then, use that information to figure out how best to communicate to your potential customers so they remember you for the right reasons.
Getting started with a digital marketing strategy
Creating a digital marketing strategy sounds overwhelming if you don’t know where to start. We begin each campaign with a list of questions to help focus our marketing efforts.
- Identify your goals. Do you want to get more traffic to your website to raise awareness of services? Are you launching a new product that you want people to buy?
- What do you products or services actually do? We’ve seen beautiful websites where it’s not clear what’s for sale!
- Who uses your products or services? Are they local or widespread? Is that driven by availability, logistics, the kind of service or product that it is, etc?
- Why do, or should, customers come to you over competitors? Are you cheaper, faster, more available, more convenient, and able to provide better service, better quality, more expert, or more niche?
- Do you have an existing client base, or existing networking opportunities?
- What online presence do you already have? What is it limited by? Own abilities or time constraints?
Digital marketing from the Wirral to the World
We’re a digital marketing agency with local offices based in the Wirral (in the sunny North West), and in London. That said, we have local offices with a global reach; it’s the beauty of marketing online.
Despite the geographical locations of our talented, yet humble staff, we’re able to win clients and provide services everywhere with an internet connection. So that’s pretty much everywhere!